Welcome to Rauawaawa Kaumātua Charitable Trust
Rauawaawa Kaumātua Charitable Trust is a non-profit registered charitable entity unique in it’s set up as a Kaumātua governed and led organisation servicing the needs of Kaumātua within Kirikiriroa. Rauawaawa provides a range of health, social, educational, cultural, recreational, housing and transport support services to those aged fifty five (55) years and over. The overall aim being to enhance the quality of life and well-being of Kaumātua.
Rauawaawa Kaumātua Events
Te Puna o Te Ora
- Facilities Upgrade Project
JOURNEY TO 3 MILLION
Up and Coming Events
A few Rauawaawa events below:
1. 8th April - DROP YOUR BOSS - Graeme Dingle Foundation Fundraiser 2017. A few photos here. Happy to report we ALL did it! Rangimahora, Surinder, Kath and Donna . Click the name for the evidence. A great day & way to support Kaumatua and their mokopuna. You can still support us here https://givealittle.co.nz/cause/rkctdropyourboss until the 15th April!
2. 7th April -Kaumātua ANZAC - A day to commemorate ANZAC with Kaumātua at Rauawaawa photos here soon!
3. 31st March 17 - A community approach for Kaumatua to flu vaccinations at Rauawaawa see here
4. 16th February 17 - Kaumātua perspectives on, "The Getting of Wisdom - Learning in Later Life ", Adult Learning Australia, International Exchange and Conference. The powerpoint is here. A video is available here
5. 10th February 17 - Launch of the Kaumātua Mana Motuhake research project see more here.
6. 23rd November 16 - Ageing Well National Science Challenge Success for the Kaumātua Mana Motuhake research here.
7. 27th October 16 - Kaumātua Olympics, - A great day with 28 teams , 470 Kaumātua and over 80 volunteers to help. A short write up courtesy of Lee from the Office of Senior Citizens here.
8. 7th October 16 - Kaumātua Ball, some beautiful photos can be seen here.
9. 15th September 16 - Kaumātua korero on, "Active Ageing ", at The New Zealand Association of Gerontology’s 2016 conference “Making Active Ageing a Reality” . For a video click here.
HELP BUILD A BETTER FUTURE FOR OUR Kaumātua
here are SOME ways
you can CONTRIBUTE:
1. DONATE NOW by visiting this link: https://givealittle.co.nz/cause/rkctdropyourboss
2. BUY A PLAQUE - (LIMITED SPACES LEFT) and have your name, your whanau, a loved one or a message on display at Te Puna o Te Ora for many years to come click here to order now
3. BUY A BRICK - (LIMITED SPACES LEFT) and have your name, your whanau, a loved one or a message on our new brick wall at Te Puna o Te Ora for many years to come click here to order now
6. SECURE NAMING RIGHTS of the new rooms and areas in the facility upgrade. Contact Reception on (07) 847 6980 if you would like more information.
Coming soon at Rauawaawa are:
1. - 19th May - Kaumātua Idol - A day of fierce competition as we search for the Rauawaawa Kaumātua Idol of the year. Venue to be determined (starts at 10am)
2. - Coming soon - Fight for Kaumātua - Charity Fight Night at a venue TBC (starts at 5.30pm)
3. - Thursday, 26th October - Rauawaawa's 13th Kaumatua Olympics to be hosted at the Claudelands Events Centre. Registered teams, be ready to start at 9.30am.
Other Events to be announced soon plus
Be Part of History - Don't miss out on your name, message or legacy left through the - Buy a Brick/Plaque (Facilities Fundraiser open with limited spaces, first phase open for 2017) click here to order now
For More information:
Phone: 07 847 6980
Facility - Te Puna o Te Ora
“Hei Manaaki Nga Kaumātua”
To enhance the quality of life and well-being of Kaumātua.
The Rauawaawa Kaumātua Charitable Trust is guided by Māori values and principles of whakawhanaungatanga, manaakitanga, wairuatanga, tino rangatiratanga, and aroha. The organisation recognises that the Kaumātua needs of Māori can differ from that of non Māori, and lays the ground for meeting these needs through culturally appropriate and holistic protocols.
“He Korowai Oranga Hei Tau Awhi i nga Kaumātua”
To offer a Korowai of Services, which will wrap around Kaumātua to keep them warm and safe.
Rauawaawa Kaumātua Charitable Trust would like to acknowledge
the invaluable support and generosity of all of our funders and supporters for 2015 to 2017.
Ph: 07 847 6980
Fax: 07 847 6981
50 Colombo Street, Frankton
Wow what a blessing to our kaumatua. So inspiring, and so timely.
- Name Here -
Another great day and another wonderful experience at Rauawaawa Today!
- Name Here -