Welcome to Rauawaawa Kaumātua Charitable Trust
Rauawaawa Kaumātua Charitable Trust is a non-profit registered charitable entity unique in it’s set up as a Kaumātua governed and led organisation servicing the needs of Kaumātua within Kirikiriroa. Rauawaawa provides a range of health, social, educational, cultural, recreational, housing and transport support services to those aged fifty five (55) years and over. The overall aim being to enhance the quality of life and well-being of Kaumātua.
Rauawaawa Kaumātua Events
Te Puna o Te Ora
- Facilities Upgrade Project
JOURNEY TO 3 MILLION
Up and Coming Events
A few Rauawaawa events below:
1. November - IRONKAUMATUA - A wonderful group of 30 Kaumātua from Rauawaawa took part. An inspirational event led by Heather Skipworth and her team in Napier. Beautiful photos here.
2. October -Kaumātua Olympics - A day that continues to grow in numbers with challenging games, highly competitive teams, lots of whanaungatanga and fun!
A huge congratulations to:
Thank you to all our generous major sponsors, our wonderful MC, fantastic volunteers, outstanding Kaumātua athletes and their tremendous support teams. Without you all this event would not be possible.
3. August - Kaumātua Country and Western Dance held at Hamilton Skycity. Delicious food, great music, stunning western costumes and impressive dance moves.
5. April -Kaumātua ANZAC - A day to commemorate ANZAC with Kaumātua
6. March - A community approach for Kaumatua to flu vaccinations at Rauawaawa see here
7. February - Kaumātua perspectives on, "The Getting of Wisdom - Learning in Later Life ", Adult Learning Australia, International Exchange and Conference. The powerpoint is here. A video is available here
8. February - Launch of the Kaumātua Mana Motuhake research project see more here.
HELP us create A BETTER
age friendly centre
here are SOME ways
you can CONTRIBUTE:
1. BUY ONE OF OUR LIMITED EDITION LAPEL PINS - for only $10 you can own a Rauawaawa custom made limited edition lapel pin to show your support for this age friendly effort.
3.BUY A BRICK - for only $150 (individual) or $300 (business) and have your name, your whanau, a loved one or a message on display at Te Puna o Te Ora for many years to come click here to order now
4.NAMING RIGHTS - name a room, area, garden or seating in the new build. Contact Reception on (07) 847 6980 if you would like more information.
Coming soon for Kaumātua from Rauawaawa:
1. - 24th November - Hauraki Kaumātua Christmas Party - A wonderful day spent in Hauraki with fabulous hosts.
2. - Coming soon - Community Classes end of year celebration
2. - Coming soon - Rauawaawa Kaumātua Christmas Party
For More information:
Phone: 07 847 6980
Facility - Te Puna o Te Ora
“Hei Manaaki Nga Kaumātua”
To enhance the quality of life and well-being of Kaumātua.
The Rauawaawa Kaumātua Charitable Trust is guided by Māori values and principles of whakawhanaungatanga, manaakitanga, wairuatanga, tino rangatiratanga, and aroha. The organisation recognises that the Kaumātua needs of Māori can differ from that of non Māori, and lays the ground for meeting these needs through culturally appropriate and holistic protocols.
“He Korowai Oranga Hei Tau Awhi i nga Kaumātua”
To offer a Korowai of Services, which will wrap around Kaumātua to keep them warm and safe.
Rauawaawa Kaumātua Charitable Trust would like to acknowledge
the invaluable support and generosity of all of our funders and supporters for 2015 to 2017.
Ph: 07 847 6980
Fax: 07 847 6981
50 Colombo Street, Frankton
Wow what a blessing to our kaumatua. So inspiring, and so timely.
- Name Here -
Another great day and another wonderful experience at Rauawaawa Today!
- Name Here -